Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our little "show off"

Sweet little baby,
We got to see you again yesterday.  It was an exciting appointment! You were certainly showing off for us.  As Dr. Laughlin pushed down on my belly to perform the ultrasound you jumped and wiggled around like crazy.  Daddy was running a little late, because he had to go out of town yesterday morning, but he came into the room at the perfect time.  Right as he walked in Dr Laughlin said "Hurry, hurry come here you've got to see your baby... he/she is showing off".  You were kicking your little legs like crazy.  Maybe you are practicing your karate moves, I don't know, but you have one fierce kick! Daddy and I just stared at you, and giggled.  It is the best feeling to see you, and to know you are doing so well in there.  Dr. Laughlin complimented you on doing so well... you are growing at a healthy rate, and progressing just perfectly.  The short time we are in the office watching you, is when mommy feels the best. (It's the few minutes I don't worry about you.)  It was sure hard to get you to stay still, but after a few seconds you cooperated and we could listen to your little heart beating! (Thank you).  It got faster, and stronger since the last visit... you are up to 167 bpm. 
It's so amazing how loved you are already!! Everyone is so excited that you are on the way. Of course Mommy and Daddy couldn't be happier!!
Until the next time my little love...

There are no words to describe,
the feelings I have inside.
Each new day is a magnificent one,
and waiting for you,
my daughter or son,
is an emotional and intense time
because a mother’s love is one of a kind.
I am blessed to be waiting for your arrival.
I promise, my little one,
to be the best mom I know I can be.
I will love you forever unconditionally!

(This poem was written/submitted by Anabela Loureiro.)


One of my favorite conversations I've had so far regarding my pregnancy was with my 2 year old, precious goddaughter Payton Mae....

Me: "Payton, what do think about Gogi (what she calls me) and uncle Chris having a baby?"
Payton (with excitement in her eyes and voice): "Gogi... A baby? In your belly?"
Me: "Yes! A Baby is in my belly"
Payton (very matter of fact and excited): "Uhhhh! ME TOO!"

I wished I had gotten this on videotape, it gave me a good chuckle! It was as if she was going to tell me the same exact news that day! Even now as I see her she still talks about both of our babies in each of our tummy's.  When I ask her what the genders are she exclaims "Boy, in your belly"... "Girl, in mine".  Too cute! We will see if she's right in a few more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment