Monday, June 4, 2012

The first month

Dear Cohen,
It's hard to believe you've been here a month already! You have changed so much already, it's crazy.  We've experienced a lot of your "firsts" so far... Your first bath (which you loved), first shower, first pee pee on mommy experience, first mother's day, first trip (Tahoe, for Auntie Kerry's bachelorette) new smiles, coo's, expressions and movements.  It has been so much fun getting to know you, little guy.  Daddy and I are still in awe of you (I'm not sure that'll ever change).  You are such a beautiful, amazing little baby boy.
Last weekend we went to Tahoe to celebrate Auntie Kerry's "final fling before the ring."  Mommy was nervous for the long car ride, and how you'd do overall on the trip.  You were such a trooper!  You barely cried the entire weekend.  You did lots of sleeping and eating, and were passed around to all the girls.  You were quite the ladies man.  You always seem to surprise me... the times I think "Oh no, how will Cohen do in this situation", you do amazingly well.  Yesterday we had a photo session with Tom O'Neal.  You did so great!  You were a natural!!  You loved the camera, the flash had you intrigued.  I cannot wait to see all the photos. 
It seems like you are growing and changing everyday.  Each morning I look at you and think, "wow, he grew overnight."  You are longer, and definitely chubbier.  Your little face has filled out, which make your sweet little cheeks even more irresistible.  I can't help but kiss you all the time (Daddy was right, smother mother, I am).  Daddy says the same thing... he gets home from work and looks at you and says "He's bigger, since I left this morning."  Everyone warned us how quickly you'd grow and change, and they are so right.  I am trying to soak in every moment, cuddle, coo and expression I can.  My favorite time is snuggle time with you.  I know this won't last forever, but for now it's the best part of my day.
Daddy and I are so in love with you.  Just yesterday we had a conversation about how "complete" we feel with you in our lives.  You have filled our hearts with more love than you could ever know.  It is the greatest joy to be your parents... we are, and will forever feel blessed. It has been so wonderful this past month, and I know as you grow, and change it'll only get sweeter.  We can't wait for every step along this journey.  Just the thought of watching you become a little boy, and a young man has us elated.  Knowing the love and support that surrounds you, and the opportunities you'll be blessed with makes us so happy. 
Keeping growing little man, and remember, always, you are so loved!

xox,
Mommy and Daddy

Mother's day 2012 (almost 2 weeks old)



Talking with daddy.

1 Month old!!!

Sleepy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment