Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Milestone Mania

Dear Cohen,
Four months have come and gone.  That was quick! It is so crazy how much you've changed and grown.  You are so much fun; smiling, laughing, rolling over, talking (well yelling!!), eating, laughing... it is all so much fun.  It seems like it's something new everyday.  You have quickly outgrown many of your clothes, and are fitting into 6 month stuff!! (You are definitely a healthy boy).  You weigh somewhere around 15-16 pounds now.  It's crazy to think you were such a peanut when you were born.




Sleepy boy! I love how you sleep, completely sprawled out (just like daddy).


As long as you are outside, you are happy!
Smiles for mama!




You love your hippo from cousin Porter!

Mmm... your first taste of avocado.

You also outgrew your bassinet, so mommy & daddy got you a co-sleeper which is right up against our bed... you don't seem to like it much though.  You are most content in our bed, or our arms, and although I often wake up with a stiff neck, and cramped body I love the snuggle time with you.  These are moments I would not trade for the world. 


Happy baby!
You are on the move! Rolling over all the time, trying to push off your legs and crawl, even making walking motions when we hold you up right.  We got a Johnny jump up, which you LOVE!  The first time we put you in it was at Grandma and Papa's, you spun around, walked and explored, and smiled from ear to ear... and then, passed out! I guess all that moving really wore you out!


We started feeding you "real food", boy do you love it!!  Your first taste of something other than mommy's magic milk was avocado.  It was so funny, you literally said "Mmmm" after each bite, and could not get enough.  We've also tried banana (which seems to be your favorite), oatmeal, and sweet potato.  You are a good eater, daddy says "That's my boy!" (He's really proud!!).

You are such a joy, Cohen!  A few weeks ago was the anniversary of the date I found out I was pregnant with you... I was emotional just thinking back to that day.  I could so clearly remember the feelings of shock, excitment and nervousness I felt.  It brought tears to my eyes to look at you now and relive those feelings... you are so worth the wait!  You bring a sense of completeness, and happiness to our lives that cannot be explained.  Daddy and I feel so lucky, and so happy.  I often find myself just staring at you, marveling at the fact that you are here, that you are ours, and how much you have completely filled our hearts. 

I love you to the moon and back (and that's still not enough).  Forever and ever.
xoxo,
Mommy
Mama & Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment