Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A half birthday...


Sweet boy,

Today is your "half birthday", 6 months old!?!!? Already?  You are changing so much.  Every day.  Every stage we've gone through has been fun, and new... but now it not only is fun and new... it's rewarding!!! You smile back at us, giggle at "peek a boo" and tummy rasberries, engage with toys and games, and hug and snuggle into daddy and I.  These truly are the moments.  A few weeks ago I asked daddy if he thought being a parent is harder or easier than he expected.  He said it's harder, the screaming, and the sleep depravation... that part... but the smiles I get make it all worth it. I couldn't agree more.  I love how you smile and look at daddy and I.  In those moments I know you love us just as much as we love you.  It is the best feeling. 

                                                                    Happy Boy!
You have certainly found your voice... oh boy!  Lots and lots of screaming is happening in this home.  You are so proud of yourself.  You scream between bites at meal time, when you are excited, tired and cranky, when there is toy just out of you reach, and a lot of the times just because you can.... I guess you like the sound of your own voice.  In fact a week ago you screamed and yelled so much you nearly lost your voice for a day or two.  Silly baby.

You still love to be outside best.  You love to see what's going on.  It's funny, people always comment on how aware you are when we are out.  You don't miss a beat, you're always looking around, watching what is going on around you.  You have taken a strong fascination to kids.  Always watching what they are doing... it's pretty cute to watch you. We've done lots of fun things like; visiting the aquarium, going to music classes, walks all over the place, and a visit to the pumpkin patch.  Tomorrow will be your 1st halloween.  I have a cute little giraffe costume for you to wear... if it fits! (You are quickly growing out of everything!!).


                                      Pumpkin Patch with Liz, Kristen & Payton


                                                      My little Pumpkin

                                                 Aquarium day with Hannah


You are sitting up all on your own, and again, are very proud of your new skills.  We are so proud of you too.  I know I have said it, but it is so much fun watching you grow, learn and absorb the world.  Just like everyone always says... you truly are a little sponge.  Sometimes you just watch daddy and I talk, or do things around the house and we can tell your little wheels are turning.  You are defintely trying to figure it all out.

We tried out the walker (thinking you might not "get it" yet), but we were wrong.  You love it!  You get going pretty quick, but because our house is so small you pretty much just run into cabinets and bounce off chairs.  You try to chase Shelby, and watch her from the kitchen door.  You have grown quite fond of Shelby (our black lab).  You get the biggest smile when she's in sight, and sometimes even let out a laugh.  Shelby loves you too... she gives you doggy kisses (mostly because she smells left over avocado and banana on your face).

                      Daddy can always get you laughing!
 






Every day since we brought you home has brought more love, and happiness into this family than I could ever explain.  We all learn something new everyday.  You are teaching us, just as much as we are trying to teach you.  I've loved every moment from the tiny newborn snuggles, to the 6 month old big boy screams.  Right now, in this very moment I feel so blessed. Although being a parent isn't always easy or glamorous, and on days I find myself day dreaming of a full nights sleep I would not trade this for ANYTHING!  I love you Cohen!

                                                        Mommy & Daddy love you!






To all of YOU,

I feel like writing this blog has helped me in so many ways.  I've connected with a lot of people who have gone through a similiar journey as Chris and I, some still on their journey to becoming  parents,and some who are just starting out. For that I am so grateful.  Talking with others who are in the same place as you really helps!  I've had several people tell me how reading my entries helped them cope with the emotions of infertility, and the struggle & heartache that comes with it.  Nothing warms my heart, more than that.  I remember when the thought first crossed my mind to write this blog, especially the first entry... I was scared and nervous.  I am so glad I did though.  Once I embraced what we were going through, and got it off my chest I felt freed.  Today, I couldn't be happier, and although it really sucked at times I would do it all again to have Cohen.  He is absolutely worth every bit of that wait!  I want to thank you all for reading this, for following our story, and for loving us through it. To those of you still trying... don't give up!! Don't lose faith!! The reward is so much sweeter than the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment